Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkjunebug96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2022
My husband has an iPhone 13 pro. He is locked out of his phone (incorrect password entered too many times-not his fault) and now he has to re-setup his phone. He knows his Apple ID and password.

However, the problem is that in order to finish setting up his phone he has to enter a verification code which is sent via text— which he doesn’t have access to, since his phone isn’t setup. He alternatively tried to send the code through his email, but that didn’t work. Next he tried to use his PC with iTunes, however we don’t use iTunes often so it needed an update, once the update was finished however, it too required him to enter a verification code, which was again sent to his phone that he doesn’t have access to.

We don’t use Apple products aside from our iPhones. And all the information I can find online is either directed at:

1. unlocking an Apple ID, which is, again, not the problem
2. assumes that we have not tried anything and offers no further advice than what I’ve listed
3. Requires the use of a Mac, IPad, Etc.

Is there anything that we’re missing that we could try? He needs access to his phone for work.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Open Apple’s Apple ID webpage in a Browser on e.g. his PC or your iPhone. Use the ApplID credentials of your husband to log in. Open Account Security. Add another mobile number.

Restart the iPhone of your husband and start the reset/setup process again. You should be able to select the second, new mobile number for verification.

nota bene: the email verification code(s) might have ended up in the SPAM folder (or even discarded by a company mail server). And depending on e.g. mailserver settings it can take substantially longer to receive an email compared to e.g. an SMS.

EDIT: or you - while setting up his iphone -just put the SIM card of your husband into another phone (you will need the PIN and PUK of the SIM for that) and receive the verification code.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.