Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StuMagoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Hey,

I just jailbroke my iphone 5S but it is connected to sprint and want to put in my MetroPCS card....

When I take out the Sim and put in mine, the phone locks down saying the Sim isn't supported....

I tried using SAM and it probably would work but the moment I put in the new card, the phone locks down, can't see the home screen....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Stuart

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hey,

I just jailbroke my iphone 5S but it is connected to sprint and want to put in my MetroPCS card....

When I take out the Sim and put in mine, the phone locks down saying the Sim isn't supported....

I tried using SAM and it probably would work but the moment I put in the new card, the phone locks down, can't see the home screen....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Stuart
Jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things.

Software unlocks, i.e., jailbreaking and then using software to unlock, was last viable in 2011. You can't do this anymore with modern versions of the iPhone.

You will either need to have Sprint unlock the phone, purchase an unlock, or find a Gevey or other SIM Imposer that will work with your firmware.

There are no other solutions. SAM will not work.

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.