Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camsterguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2014
Hey guys,
While changing my Mac Address in Terminal, I've entered an invalid one and now my WiFi is grayed out and N/A as a Wifi address. I am jailbroken but have no tweaks because I cannot access the internet on my iPad. Restoring does not work (Even dfu restore). Is there a way to reset my mac address on my iPad even with no access to the internet on it? I'm really screwed over...
Thanks!

richard6r

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2013
You're boned dude. Thats some pretty advanced stuff you were doing and as a caution you should always write down the mac address before you change it to bypass ip blocks. As far as I know, there isn't a way to restore it unless you know the old mac address. google it.

camsterguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2014
You're boned dude. Thats some pretty advanced stuff you were doing and as a caution you should always write down the mac address before you change it to bypass ip blocks. As far as I know, there isn't a way to restore it unless you know the old mac address. google it.

I know my old MAC address, but I can't change it back because I can't go on the Internet on my iPad and also have no tweaks other than cydia...

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
Only thing I can think of- can you get internet over bluetooth?

That's the only other alternative way. If the bluetooth on your iPad doesn't work, or you don't have a bluetooth tethering device that has internet access you're screwed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.