Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frogsarelovely

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just bought iPhone 4G and cannot sync because I have a old iMac OS 10.4.11 and 400 MHz. Can anyone lift me up from total despair??

Last edited by a moderator:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
With Lion due out soon - possibly later today or tomorrow - it looks like you'll need a new Mac. I'm sure that's a PowerPC Mac (which can't be upgraded beyond Tiger, due to the CPU speed - what you have now).

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
In the future, to better get the proper help, please use descriptive titles. One word Help titles really don't help draw the right people to help you.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
The iPhone 4 requires at least Leopard, which your computer cannot run. :( You're going to have to get a new computer or use someone else's to sync. This won't be a problem for too much longer with iOS 5 coming out, and you won't need to sync with your computer any longer.

frogsarelovely

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Thank you

Thanks for quick response and sorry about the help me I'm desperate thing. Do appreciate notes. But when you write that iOS5 is coming soon and won't have to sync with computer. What do you mean?? Thing is I don't have Internet on my computer only on my iPhone which I can use as a modem. I already did with a friend. We tried for so many hours. So now we know I will have to put it on her computer. But then what. We would appreciate a little more info on this new iOs5

Again many thanks to all of you and will try to react with my head and not my gut In future.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Thanks for quick response and sorry about the help me I'm desperate thing. Do appreciate notes. But when you write that iOS5 is coming soon and won't have to sync with computer. What do you mean?? Thing is I don't have Internet on my computer only on my iPhone which I can use as a modem. I already did with a friend. We tried for so many hours. So now we know I will have to put it on her computer. But then what. We would appreciate a little more info on this new iOs5

Again many thanks to all of you and will try to react with my head and not my gut In future.

Just read this: http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/features.html#pcfree - It won't be out until later in the year, but at that point, once you've updated to iOS 5 you won't need to worry about syncing to iTunes. Right now you'll have to use your friend's computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.