Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
ok, i have bootcamp installed on my macbook, with windows xp

it says i have version 1.02

but i cannot right-click with the right apple button and click.

i made a new driver cd, and it doesn't do anything when i boot into windows and put in the disk.

any ideas?

c-Row

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Germany
twoodcc said:
ok, i have bootcamp installed on my macbook, with windows xp

it says i have version 1.02

but i cannot right-click with the right apple button and click.

i made a new driver cd, and it doesn't do anything when i boot into windows and put in the disk.

any ideas?

The 'Right Apple' + Click will only work after you installed the Apple Keyboard drivers from the CD. Usually the disc should auto-play IIRC - if it doesn't, just open it in Explorer and run the setup.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
c-Row said:
The 'Right Apple' + Click will only work after you installed the Apple Keyboard drivers from the CD. Usually the disc should auto-play IIRC - if it doesn't, just open it in Explorer and run the setup.

that's the thing. i can't open it in Explorer. it doesn't do anything

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Download Boot Camp 1.1 and extract the driver installer to a USB flash key from the menu. Much simpler than burning a CD...

B

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Or if your Windows partition is FAT32, save the 1.1 drivers to a folder (from Boot Camp Assistant, Utilities --> Save to folder), then copy that folder to your desktop in Windows.

The right click functionality was introduced in Boot Camp 1.1, so bottom line is you're going to have to upgrade somehow.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
twoodcc said:
well i did that yesterday, and it still gave me 1.02. but now it's downloading the right one, cuz it's 202MB instead of 84MB. thanks, let's hope it works:cool:
Weird, 202 MB is definitely 1.1.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.