Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcravenw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2022
Hi all,

Sorry for what is probably an incredibly simple (and dumb) question but can anyone tell me how to modify my profile or whatever in the Calendar app so I can change where it says I work? I haven't worked for Minacs since like 2015, and when I go through the program's preferences I see no reference to that place. I didn't find anything via Help either, so here I am.

It's probably something right in front of my face but I can't seem to track it down.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 3.41.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 3.41.43 PM.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 81

Whyy

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2022
Maybe 1st go into Apple Maps and under favorites where you see Home and work, make sure work has the correct updated address. Also try clicking edit on the calendar entry for work and change the location. When you save don’t forget to save all events and not just the one being edited.

jcravenw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2022
Maybe 1st go into Apple Maps and under favorites where you see Home and work, make sure work has the correct updated address. Also try clicking edit on the calendar entry for work and change the location. When you save don’t forget to save all events and not just the one being edited.
Thanks for the suggestion. I opened Maps and it didn't have any info for me at all so I created a new card, but Calendar still seems to load an old workplace. So there has to be something within the settings of some app, or perhaps my user account, that is associated with that employer. I can't think of what to save my life though :(

Hopefully someone will have another suggestion I can try.

jcravenw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2022
Check your personal contact card under Contacts. More than likely, it has your old work address listed.
I entered my employer's address but there is no mention of an employer name under my contact card. You'd think that's where it would be but no luck.

Like this is such a minor nuisance, but it shouldn't be this tricky to track down.

Whyy

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2022
Did you try the 2nd thing I mentioned? Editing the calendar event? If you click edit you might find that the location field is filled in with old info and you can try to update it if so.

0C44DCE3-5A29-461A-8C0B-9E60C8C002A2.jpeg

44557547-B92C-4C1B-B9E8-B7309EA5F125.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.