Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thornslack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
Hey all,

I am actually trying to get this running on my old 2011 MBP but given that so many cMP users have familiarity with CAT and terminal I thought this might be better posted here.

I am running a clean install of high Sierra (10.13.6) and using the CAT beta designed for this. However when I run the app I get a “the application ‘Continuity Activation Tool’ can’t be opened” message. No big, I’ll run it from terminal I figured. But when I run the terminal command I get “Operation not permitted” error. I have SIP disabled. Can anyone offer some insight? I’d like to get this running again. Thanks!

thornslack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
I have yes, thanks. The beta from that website is specified as the proper version for use on Sierra and High Sierra.

bookemdano

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2011
Did you try the right-click method to bypass gatekeeper? Maybe provide a screenshot of the error message(s) received.

robogobo

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Sitting down facing front.
Did you ever get this running? I'm having issues as well.

I can get it to open by going to System Prefs > Security and clicking "Open Anyway". But after the tool runs and reboots to replace the kexts, the machine hangs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.