Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

octoberdeath

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
I am part of a none profit organization and we want to send out an eNews Letter to people interested with our group. I'm in charge of getting this thing off the ground but I'm not sure exactly how to do it. What I want to do is send out an email with nice graphics, pictures, links, and so on and so forth; pretty much like the regular printed kind of news letter but through email. I guess a good example of the kind of news letter I'm talking about would be the ones Apple sends out. What do I need in order to do something like that? :confused:

opusthe2nd

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2005
Why dont you just build a webpage and then send everyone a link? Just like the spammers do.

octoberdeath

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
opusthe2nd said:
Why dont you just build a webpage and then send everyone a link? Just like the spammers do.

we thought of that and for our first email I think we might do just that. but we would rather do it this way so that it would better suit or needs. this is a mass email that we send out to people that sign up on our emailing list. we want to create something where it gives people updates for stuff we are doing every month, and everything would correlate back to our website we are working on. idealy we are going to have a printed news letter, an enews letter, and our website with all three fulfilling different needs.

here are some examples of what we are wanting to do.

Attachments

• Snapshot 2005-09-25 22-43-48.jpg
    Snapshot 2005-09-25 22-43-48.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Snapshot 2005-09-25 22-49-52.jpg
    Snapshot 2005-09-25 22-49-52.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 271

opusthe2nd

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2005
I dont know. Personally, it would be like spam to me. I wouldnt like it. Even if I signed up for it. I would rather it be a link to me. Plus, of course, if you have people like me that do plain text email only.

I just thought a link would be less invasive.

Guess, I am changing the context of the post....just what I was thinking though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.