Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamNC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2018
Leland NC
I had bought a Dell G3 3590 a year ago from BestBuy.... It was my sons. He left it behind when he moved out. He had reset it and removed the drive. (I don't want to know what he was hiding.). I got a new drive and reloaded Windows 11. I have had issue after issue getting it to run, I had to manually load all the drivers, All versions of C++. It runs Edge and Chrome fine. But my wife has a collection or Steam, and Orgin games she wants to put on it. Steam runs fine as Does Orgin. But if we download any game from either one it says "Can not run application Critical Files are missing or damaged. Reinstall Or Repair file." I called Both support lines and after 4 hours of trouble shoot with worthless people both are telling me it must be my computer. I have run scan disk and all it says my computer is ok. Any ideas? Thanks.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I had bought a Dell G3 3590 a year ago from BestBuy.... It was my sons. He left it behind when he moved out. He had reset it and removed the drive. (I don't want to know what he was hiding.). I got a new drive and reloaded Windows 11. I have had issue after issue getting it to run, I had to manually load all the drivers, All versions of C++. It runs Edge and Chrome fine. But my wife has a collection or Steam, and Orgin games she wants to put on it. Steam runs fine as Does Orgin. But if we download any game from either one it says "Can not run application Critical Files are missing or damaged. Reinstall Or Repair file." I called Both support lines and after 4 hours of trouble shoot with worthless people both are telling me it must be my computer. I have run scan disk and all it says my computer is ok. Any ideas? Thanks.
Is it the game that is throwing that error, or the launcher? (If possible can you post a screen shot of it?)

Reactions: AdamNC

AdamNC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2018
Leland NC
I had my neighbor fix it last night. There was a single version of C++ that was missing. Not sure how i missed that.

Reactions: diamond.g
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.