Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vanex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2024
There's a game I've been enjoying immensely with regular updates, but I recently got a "new" (2017) Mac so I no longer know where the save data for my game is. I'd be willing to restart, but I figured I'd check with y'all first and see if there's a wizard out there who knows how to solve my current conundrum. I've tried moving all of the data out of the folder to see if that would work, and contacted the games developer, but they don't know where exactly the data is saved at either, since the game is released on Windows and then transformed with some kind of plugin to run on Macs. Verbatim, they said "Mac version uses a plugin to save to local data. Not sure exactly but using windows terminology, check the users/app data/local file data."I checked there, but had no luck finding or identifying anything that looked like save data, and I'd rather see if someone knows the solution than slog through my library trying to find it myself.

Vanex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2024
There's a game I've been enjoying immensely with regular updates, but I recently got a "new" (2017) Mac so I no longer know where the save data for my game is. I'd be willing to restart, but I figured I'd check with y'all first and see if there's a wizard out there who knows how to solve my current conundrum. I've tried moving all of the data out of the folder to see if that would work, and contacted the games developer, but they don't know where exactly the data is saved at either, since the game is released on Windows and then transformed with some kind of plugin to run on Macs. Verbatim, they said "Mac version uses a plugin to save to local data. Not sure exactly but using windows terminology, check the users/app data/local file data."I checked there, but had no luck finding or identifying anything that looked like save data, and I'd rather see if someone knows the solution than slog through my library trying to find it myself.
Also worth mentioning, the game is in RPGMaker engine, though I don't know which one exactly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.