Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RaphaZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2021
Hello!

I'm really considering buying Apple's Air Pods.
I've tested Air Pods Pro 1 Gen, which I've bought from a friend of mine. They were in good shape, and I really like the quality and, even more, the connectivity with other Apple devices.

I can buy Pro 2 Get brand new for 240 euros, but I'm interested to know your tips about this. Are Pro 2 Gen way better than other models?

Thank you.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
It is very good. I have them since January 2024 and they are impeccable.
Sound quality is excellent too.
For comparison, I also have Sennheiser Momentum and Sennheiser Accentum Plus, Audio Technica M20x, M40x and M20xBT, AirPods Pro 2 sound as best of them.

kerr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
I presume you meant *borrowed* from a friend, rather than *bought*.

If you can wait till Sep/Oct, the higher end AirPods 4th generation should be a really good product. They will reportedly have Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency as well as a H2 chip and USB-C connection. Will be cheaper than AirPods Pro 2. Also rumours of a new design, perhaps smaller and/or lighter.

Reactions: RaphaZ

RaphaZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2021
I presume you meant *borrowed* from a friend, rather than *bought*.

If you can wait till Sep/Oct, the higher end AirPods 4th generation should be a really good product. They will reportedly have Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency as well as a H2 chip and USB-C connection. Will be cheaper than AirPods Pro 2. Also rumours of a new design, perhaps smaller and/or lighter.
No, I actually meant *bought*.
I'll see, thanks for the information. Being cheaper and having the same equipment seems to be a good deal.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
If your 1st gen are still working well, IMO you won't get €240 worth of benefit from 2nd gen. I'd wait until the batteries aren't holding enough of a charge.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I've used multiple AirPods and one pro. Currently have a gen 3 AirPods. I got a Beats Studio buds plus for the gym and it's been amazing. Really great sound quality, good noise isolation with active noise cancellation. Automatic switching between devices. And... wait for it. $100. new.

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
AirPods Pro (2nd gen) are the best in-ear offering from Apple IMO - if you like that kind of fit.
Otherwise AirPods (3rd gen) are amazing too!

Reactions: scrane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.