Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
So I recently set up a home automation within HomeKit (simply to have my lights come on when I arrive home) and it doesn't seem to be working.

I've tested the scene & it works when I'm home. I have the timer set for 15 minutes after Sunset to sunrise...but it doesn't work. I have another device that recognizes when I'm home, so it appears proximity doesn't appear to be an issue.

Any tips or suggestions?

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
New automations can take a little while to propagate to hubs which can sometimes explain why they don't run on day one. Having said that, if it's been more than 24 hours, you've done an all-hubs restart and you're still having trouble, check location services is enabled on the hubs (For time zone) and that you have the right device as your own location.

On your iPhone, check:
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > On
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Homekit > On
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Find My iPhone > On
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations > On
Settings > {name/photo} > Find My > My Location > This Device
Settings > {name/photo} > Find My > My Location > Share My Location > On
Settings > {name/photo} > Password & Security > Two-Factor Authentication > On
Home App > Home Settings > Location Services > On

Plus:
Each AppleTV > Settings > Location Services > On

No idea if the above will fix the issue but it's at least somewhere to start... Hope this helps.

Reactions: Coffee50

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Thank you!!! Going to try to check out settings based on the info you posted. Appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.