Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimLG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2020
Hi all, I'm not a regular MAC user, I usually spend 90% of my time in Windows or Linux world; so there are things I have to learn here.
In these days of needing to setup and install additional software for live streaming I'm doing my best to help our local church musician who has no experiance with DAW (Or the video side) of streaming technology, And after assorted advice we are trying to get assorted bits of softwre installed on her macbook, some of it installs easily (Like OBS) which seems to run and function, but other software that has been suggested that we use e.g. I ShowU audio Capture and now BlackHole by Existential Audio seem to install but when we go to configure these apps we cant find them either in her Apps folder or even in the settings of MAC OS, It appears that when we run the install of the package that they have completed the installation, but after that we cant find them, help needed please.
Some background information, this is a changing scnario for as the small church have limited media skills, so as their ambititions in regards to streaming and content evolve we find that we are switching between assorted software products. Currently they are mostly streaming to Facebook but its not always relaible especailly when they try to run it Live; Pre-recorded content is usually more reliable..
People have suggested that to get a virtual software connection between Audio DAWs out to OBS and then Facebook, and/Or we also need I ShowU audio Capture OR Loopback (Loop back is too expensive for the musician) and so we are also looking at the alternative BlackHole by Existential Audio https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole
But so far we dont seem to ba able to find/run the application post installation to configure it correctly.
As this question is generally about media (not just audio) on MAC Os, is there a more suitable online forum that I should go to?
Any help appreciated in advance.
Jim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.