Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starwarsdad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2002
I am a Mac newbie. I have been using an Intellimouse Explorer with my G4.

Everything was fine and I enjoyed all of the functionality, untill someone turned off several of my extensions.

I have tried to turn the correct extensions back on to no avail.

I downloaded the most recent drivers from Tucows and installed them according to the documentation. Still nothing.

I have a control panel for "Microsoft Mouse" and one for "Intellimouse". It does no good using either panel.

The mouse will only click now. It does not scroll or do any special, programmable functions.

What do i do to get my functions back?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Weird

The only thing I can think of is to trash the Intellimouse control panel, and any preference files in the System Folder/Preferences related to Microsoft Mouse or Intellimouse. The system will automaticllay recreate your prefs when you restart. Then try reinstalling the latest Intellipoint drivers. Let me know if it works.

PS. Welcome to the community!

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
probably the program your using doesn't support scrolling
and welcome aboard

starwarsdad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2002
I will try that. It doesn't even scroll in my harddrive window.

Thanks for the welcome!!

starwarsdad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2002
I figured it out!

In the extension manager there were multiple instances of the intellimouse and intellimouse explorer. I deleted the extras and turned off the intellimouse extensions.

Works like a champ! Thanks for the help guys. I am sure I will need more of your advice. I suck with Macs.

If anyone has a PC problem though, I am your man!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.