Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kowens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2023
Hello, I need help please. I bought a Portable SSD T7 (Samsung). My old portable hard drives had iPhoto libraries stored on them.
The tech support at the store transfered my stored photos onto the new SSD. He knew I used a MacBook and formatted to that effect.
My question(s) (and I have tried, and googled...): How do I view the stored photos in iPhoto format? How do I get it to open as iPhoto once connected to my MacBook?
They are currently sitting in individual folders in the SSD so when I open it I have to open thirty separate folders to get to each individual photo. Thank you

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
My old portable hard drives had iPhoto libraries stored on them.

Which MacBook and what OS version are you running? You are running iPhotos or iPhoto? If Photos

Were using Photos with your pictures stored in the Photos library or were they stored by reference on folders on your hard disk?

If you were using Photos then there should be a Photos library with the database Photos.photoslibrary which normally is in your Pictures directory.

Reactions: kowens

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Try launching Photos (or iPhoto, if you’re on Mavericks or earlier) while holding the Option key. Then select the library on the new disk.

If that doesn’t sort it, we’ll need more info.

Reactions: kowens
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.