Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Hi, I'm stuck on the part where you have to rescue Mission Vao and the wookie from the Taris sewers. I defeated all the pig dudes, including the chief, and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. I read in a walkthrough that there was a locked door, and there's a cut-scene where Mission unlocks the door. I'm not sure how to trigger the cut scene though. I thought all I had to do was kill the pig dude chief, and walk up to the locked door.

Sorry if that's to confusing, but I'm a bit confused myself. :(

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
Mission will not open the door for you until you find the wookie first. He's in there somewhere; check all the rooms and open all doors. (My recollection is that there's a door with water seeping through; the wookie's close to that door.)

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
Yes, you must first rescue Zaalbar before you can get Mission to open the shield door. If you attempt to have her open the door without Zaalbar being rescued, she will tell you that your party has to go back fro him.

He's found away from the shield door, in a small room with a few connecting rooms. Inside the room, you'll find some Gamorreans to fight. Fight them, and open the door (I believe it's on the left). Once you have Zaalbar, make sure to open the footlockers/storage containers and the room nearby. The containers in those rooms will contain Zaalbars items, including his pretty nice bowcaster.

Here's a link to the walkthrough info.

If you have any more questions about KOTOR or KOTOR II, feel free to PM me. It's a great game series, isn't it?

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Ok, sorry if I confused you. I haven't found Mission yet. I know where Zalbaar (?) is, but I can't seem to find Mission.

Sorry if I'm being confusing. I'm a bit confused myself. I have played this game before, but not since I got my MBP about a year ago.

Edit: Okay, I figured it out by total chance. I was wondering around outside the castaway village and Mission just came out of nowhere, and scared the living crap out of me!

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
Sorry, didn't realize that you hadn't found Mission yet. Pay attention to the thing the characters say. Both the Hidden Beks and another character state that Mission hangs out in the Undercity, so the Undercity is naturally where she should be found.

There are a plethora of opportunities in the game where you've felt like you've gone everywhere to try to advance the plot, while the person you have to talk to is right under your nose. Trust me, though, this kind of thing happens a lot more often in KOTOR II than it does in KOTOR.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Okay, so I finished Dantooine, but now there's a stowaway on my ship, and I don't know how to get her off the ship back on Dantooine without yelling at her to get off the ship. Also, there are these weird creatures hanging around the ship that I can't get rid of.

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
Annoying girl: learn her language.
Annoying creatures: multiple solutions, but quite possibly the lowest priority quest in the game, since the creatures don't ascend to Tribble-level danger levels with their rapid reproductive rates.

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
I just started playing this game for the first time two days ago. I'm stuck on Kashyyyk faced with 3 Mandalorians uncloaking around me... This is my first RPG ever so I'm not very good and I've gotten my butt kicked about 40 times at this one spot.

frojas

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2005
I just started playing this game for the first time two days ago. I'm stuck on Kashyyyk faced with 3 Mandalorians uncloaking around me... This is my first RPG ever so I'm not very good and I've gotten my butt kicked about 40 times at this one spot.

Are you rearming yourself as soon as the Mandolarions appear? You need to remove weapons to have them appear, but as soon as they show up you should grab your lightsaber.

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
Are you rearming yourself as soon as the Mandolarions appear? You need to remove weapons to have them appear, but as soon as they show up you should grab your lightsaber.

Yeah, I'm rearming myself. I've managed to kill 2 of them before my whole team going down...

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Annoying girl: learn her language.
Annoying creatures: multiple solutions, but quite possibly the lowest priority quest in the game, since the creatures don't ascend to Tribble-level danger levels with their rapid reproductive rates.

I learned her language. But I'm not sure what to say, or what to do.

So, what are the "multiple solutions"? I tried killing them, but then another one pops up. So then I tried being nice to them. That didn't do anything either. :confused:

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
Yeah, I'm rearming myself. I've managed to kill 2 of them before my whole team going down...

Judicious use of hitting PAUSE during combat, plus perhaps some careful activation of combat supplies, sounds like the way to go. Fail that, you might have to do some level grinding and/or try a different planet (if possible). Personally, I always liked starting my galaxy quest at Tantooine.

So, what are the "multiple solutions"? I tried killing them, but then another one pops up. So then I tried being nice to them. That didn't do anything either. :confused:

Doesn't sound like you have much of a head for this type of game (dialogue-heavy RPGs, that is. Stay away from Planescape: Torment). Learning the girl's language so that you can figure out who she is requires going through all of the dialogue options until she runs out of things to say. After that, unless you've been purposely avoiding minor characters and their petty little side quests entirely, you should know what to do.

The multiple solutions to the gizka infestations will present themselves over time. One solution is readily available, I think, as soon as the infestation happens if you look around carefully. The second solution is available in Manann, but might put you on the path of the dark side. The third solution emerges close to the end. Seriously, don't lose sleep over it.

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ

For the girl, you have to talk to an Ithorian close to your ship when you land on Dantooine. He will ask you if you've seen a girl, and simply tell him you have. He'll take the girl away and you'll earn his thanks and some XP.

For the gizka, if you kill one, they should all eventually die out as they become infected with the poison. Otherwise, there is a merchant in Manaan which will buy them as exotic pets later on in the game if they're still there.

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ

Make sure you use your medpacs and strength/agility enhancers, as they'll greatly help your odds in combat. Make sure everyone is armed with the best weapons/implants/armor possible, save for your main character. If using a lightsaber and the force, your main character should have flexible armor with a high dexterity rating, otherwise they will not be fighting their best.

bluebomberman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
Queens, NYC
Learning the girl's language so that you can figure out who she is requires going through all of the dialogue options until she runs out of things to say. After that, unless you've been purposely avoiding minor characters and their petty little side quests entirely, you should know what to do.

The multiple solutions to the gizka infestations will present themselves over time. One solution is readily available, I think, as soon as the infestation happens if you look around carefully. The second solution is available in Manann, but might put you on the path of the dark side. The third solution emerges close to the end. Seriously, don't lose sleep over it.

For the girl, you have to talk to an Ithorian close to your ship when you land on Dantooine. He will ask you if you've seen a girl, and simply tell him you have. He'll take the girl away and you'll earn his thanks and some XP.

For the gizka, if you kill one, they should all eventually die out as they become infected with the poison. Otherwise, there is a merchant in Manaan which will buy them as exotic pets later on in the game if they're still there.

So much for trying to be coy with my responses. :rolleyes::eek:

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island

Thanks. Though when I got rid of the Gizka on Manaan, I had to PAY the guy 100 credits. Not that I'm complaining, it was well worth getting rid of those pests. :)

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA
Judicious use of hitting PAUSE during combat, plus perhaps some careful activation of combat supplies, sounds like the way to go. Fail that, you might have to do some level grinding and/or try a different planet (if possible). Personally, I always liked starting my galaxy quest at Tantooine.
Make sure you use your medpacs and strength/agility enhancers, as they'll greatly help your odds in combat. Make sure everyone is armed with the best weapons/implants/armor possible, save for your main character. If using a lightsaber and the force, your main character should have flexible armor with a high dexterity rating, otherwise they will not be fighting their best.

I did end up switching to visiting Tantooine first and made it back to Kashyyyk toward the end. It's amazing how much easier this spot was after playing more (practice) and with stronger characters. At first I thought I was going to hate this game, but after awhile it got really addicting and I just finished it about 20 minutes ago after about 36 hours. Of course I didn't go do every single little thing... but it did end the way I wanted it to.

set up some mines and lure them into them

I did use this tactic in a different spot, but can't remember where. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.