Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Hey guys!

Was looking to free up some space and sell my 128k. It's in really good shape physically, case is a little yellow from age but no major scuffs or cracks or anything like that. Honestly, my 2012 MBA probably is more beat up.

It powers up fine but displays a sad Mac. It's missing the battery on the back. No upgrades or anything, just a 100% original 128k.

What do you think a fair price would be? Maybe $300?

2hMmzED.jpg

1GmbLvt.jpg

gPFiBLs.jpg

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
The original ones weren't branded 128K on the back, that was added later to differentiate from the 512K which it was sold alongside as a lower-end model. This decreases the value somewhat, as collectors are looking for a true original.

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
I hate to say it but the screwdriver marks where the rear case has been prized off the front bezel will detract from it's value too.

The memory error (which doesn't pinpoint the bad IC like it usually does) makes it a little harder to fix too.

I assume you have all five screws for it? They seem to be missing.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
I hate to say it but the screwdriver marks where the rear case has been prized off the front bezel will detract from it's value too.

The memory error (which doesn't pinpoint the bad IC like it usually does) makes it a little harder to fix too.

I assume you have all five screws for it? They seem to be missing.

I've never opened the case or tinkered with it at all honestly. I guess it's a previous owner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.