Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Im using a Belkin wireless-N router..
My macbook's connection to the router always hang.. it didnt drop, but it just say pinging every ip, including the router's login page.. while other pc laptop connecting to the router has no problem.. it usually last a few minutes, or I need to turn off and on the airport..
i found this very annoying.. since sometimes it happens every minute..
and it seems affecting many people after the update of 10.4.10

However, it seems to be better when I use it with another router..
But now, I only got the belkin one.. I also tried to wire connect to the router.. but I dont know why the connection is slow..

Please help... what can I do?? Downgrade back to 10.4.9? Or should I just wait for Leopard for the update??

laravia18

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2006
I have a belkin router too

It's an older model but I was having problems connecting it with my macbook. It maybe your router because after several tries I called belkin and they said that it was my router and they are going to replace it. Good luck with the wireless connection though!

hidehide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 1, 2007
It's an older model but I was having problems connecting it with my macbook. It maybe your router because after several tries I called belkin and they said that it was my router and they are going to replace it. Good luck with the wireless connection though!
But its only my macbook that stop pinging anything, while other pc laptop is surfing website with no problem at all.

kevinliu4

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2006
I have gone through everything you have described and more when I was still using my linksys router.

I went through two linksys routers before I came to the realization that all this headache is not worth it. I switched to an Aiport Extreme 2 months ago and have not had any problems what so ever since. It's fast and stable and never ever drops out. It works perfectly with my MBP and my wife's Vaio with no exceptions.

Looking back I can't understand why I wasted so many hours on the phone with customer support trying to fix the stupid linksys router. God only knows why I went and bought a 2nd one on top of that.

I will be getting a MacBook for my wife in November. From now on, nothing but Macs in my house.

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
You know, I have never had any problems whatsoever with the 4-5 year old Netgear B router that I have. The 2 macs and 1 dell all connect to it no problem, and if the DSL service we get wasn't so sloppy, then I would never have any dropped connections. I have noticed in the past that DLink and Netgear seem to work best with Macs, whereas linksys works the worst.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.