Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 30, 2016
Is there any way I can haver the old DVD screen saver for my Mac? You know, the one that used to be on the old DVD players that had the color changing cube that bounced around the screen, and every once in a while, it would hit the corner. Is there any way I can download that for my Mac? Please help, it would really be appreciated.

QzzB

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2015
London
It is possible to install 3rd party screen savers, so if you search the web for one you like, can download and install. I would say though to make sure anything you download and install is virus free and from a trustworthy site.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 30, 2016
It is possible to install 3rd party screen savers, so if you search the web for one you like, can download and install. I would say though to make sure anything you download and install is virus free and from a trustworthy site.
I under stand it is possible to download screen savers. My problem is that I can not find this particular one anywhere. It is the one that comes on most default modern DVD players. It has a multi colored logo that bounces around the screen, and always seems to avoid the corner of the screen.

QzzB

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2015
London
You might just have to search for Mac screensavers and check out the gallery, thats pretty vague! Probably be quicker searching for one that having people from here suggest some over the coming days

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 30, 2016
I understand that I can download other screen savers. The problem is I can not find the exact one I am looking for. It is the screen saver that comes on all DVD players. It has a DVD logo that bounces around the screen, but never hits the corner. It was talked about in a The Office episode. I want this as my Mac's screen saver. Please, leave a link to one I can find. Or, tell me how I can download it from a DVD player.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I understand that I can download other screen savers. The problem is I can not find the exact one I am looking for. It is the screen saver that comes on all DVD players. It has a DVD logo that bounces around the screen, but never hits the corner. It was talked about in a The Office episode. I want this as my Mac's screen saver. Please, leave a link to one I can find. Or, tell me how I can download it from a DVD player.

It doesn't work that way.

arlenburr

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2019
Ames, Iowa
Is there any way I can haver the old DVD screen saver for my Mac? You know, the one that used to be on the old DVD players that had the color changing cube that bounced around the screen, and every once in a while, it would hit the corner. Is there any way I can download that for my Mac? Please help, it would really be appreciated.

I just made one for Mac, working for MacOS 10.14.6

Extract and move into ~/Library/Screen Savers and then you should see it in your Desktop & Screen saver settings

Attachments

• The Office DVD Video.saver.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 480
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.