Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k8bonham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2016
hi

so i spilled water on my old macbook air, and it's no longer working. i just got a new mac book pro and i want to sync my iPhone to the new iTunes without erasing all the music.

i tried using the app AnyTrans, but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm not sure what else I can do but I'm sure someone knows how I could get new music on my iTunes and phone without having to erase all of my music content.

Thanks!!
Kate

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
New iTunes? Don't create a new ID. I believe you just plug it into the Mac and follow the prompts and choose to copy the content over to your Mac.

I would not use a third-party app for something that is a core aspect of the OS unless you have additional needs.

k8bonham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2016
i didn't create a new ID.. i just signed into my iTunes like normal and it tells me that i have to erase all of my content on my phone to sync with the new iTunes

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
If it's iTunes purchases you can just transfer purchases in preferences.

If it's other music you legally obtained (lol) you'll need to use 3rd party software. I've done it once from an iPod years ago using "iPod access" software (I think that's what it was call). Not sure if that's still around or if it works for phones but I'm sure there is other similar software out there. iExplorer?

Do yourself a favor and backup your Mac. 50-100 dollar external hard drive can probably hold your entire iTunes library.

k8bonham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2016
it's all from either datpiff or youtube mp3... sidenote is that my new computer puts the youtube mp3 downloads directly into iTunes without me manually doing it! pretty cool but idk why

so what do you think i can do to get my new iTunes to put music on my phone ?

crashnburn

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009
hi

so i spilled water on my old macbook air, and it's no longer working. i just got a new mac book pro and i want to sync my iPhone to the new iTunes without erasing all the music.

i tried using the app AnyTrans, but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm not sure what else I can do but I'm sure someone knows how I could get new music on my iTunes and phone without having to erase all of my music content.

Thanks!!
Kate

I was looking for posts that mentioned AnyTrans to ask if you folks have tried AnyTrans in such ways? Do respond on that thread please. Thanks.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...tried-the-merge-function-of-anytrans.2170709/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.