Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pidolang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
HI!! im currently using vista and i intend to switch to macbook.And the worries i have are dis,bcos im an avid gamer such as warcraft games,does it support? and wats the size of the graphic card so dat can continually play my games.the reason is 2.4ghz dats y i intend to change...any1 can advise/tell me??thx and appreciated

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
For gaming, I would opt for the Macbook Pro over the Macbook. There is a Mac version of WOW that plays on the Macbook Pro. Good luck with your transition to OSX.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
The Mac version of WoW is on the same discs as the PC one. All the system requirements are printed on the box.

MasterMacBook

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2008
Austarlia, W.A
are you looking to play warcraft reign of choas, frozen throne.
or WOW?
i have a macbook with intergrated graphics and ony 1GB RAM(specifications in my sig)
and i play frozen thorone and age of empires 3 and i have no lag watsoever
and the graphis are fine:D
as long as u get 2.4GHz wich u intend. and max out ram it should be fine:)
i would suggest purchasing 1GB RAM then buying 4gb upgrade pack (two 2GB ram sticks) from OWC (other world computing).
this would be cheaper than oreding with 4gb.
hope it all works out for you
further questions i can answer:cool:
:apple:

pidolang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
are you looking to play warcraft reign of choas, frozen throne.
or WOW?
i have a macbook with intergrated graphics and ony 1GB RAM(specifications in my sig)
and i play frozen thorone and age of empires 3 and i have no lag watsoever
and the graphis are fine:D
as long as u get 2.4GHz wich u intend. and max out ram it should be fine:)
i would suggest purchasing 1GB RAM then buying 4gb upgrade pack (two 2GB ram sticks) from OWC (other world computing).
this would be cheaper than oreding with 4gb.
hope it all works out for you
further questions i can answer:cool:
:apple:

allright...so ur saying dat if i juz buy it normally it will still be alright to play??and i oso have anuder option dat is to buy 2gig ram too??thx im now clearer

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
allright...so ur saying dat if i juz buy it normally it will still be alright to play??and i oso have anuder option dat is to buy 2gig ram too??thx im now clearer

When you buy the computer from Apple (yes it will play WOW just fine), get the minimum amount of ram they offer (1 gig or 2 gigs, depending on the model). Then you can purchase more ram from another company for a lot less money. There are several threads on this site that give information on where to get ram after you have purchased the computer. If you need help finding them, just let us know and we'll find you links for them. :)

pidolang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
When you buy the computer from Apple (yes it will play WOW just fine), get the minimum amount of ram they offer (1 gig or 2 gigs, depending on the model). Then you can purchase more ram from another company for a lot less money. There are several threads on this site that give information on where to get ram after you have purchased the computer. If you need help finding them, just let us know and we'll find you links for them. :)

oh wait...den wats integrated graphic card got to do with ram?? i tot der muz b graphic card den its supportable

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
Pidolang How Old Are You? Look At Your Spelling It's Crap Basically. I'd Personally Say Don't get A PC/Mac Until You Can Spell Properly Using Pen And Paper (Abbreviating Happens A Lot These Days With PC/Mac/Mobile Are The Number One Blame Along With Programs Such As MSN) As That's What You Need When You Leave School Or Are You One Of Those Wannbe Gangsta/Chavs.

Integrated Graphics Are Fine WoW, The Mac Version Is On The Same Disc By The Way. Don't Buy Ram from Apple Get It SomeWhere Else.

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
I think the Macbook will be okay for playing WOW with 2 gigs of RAM installed, as previous poster noted from experience. If you intend to play other games that are more graphics intensive, you may run into problems on a Macbook, which has an integrated graphics card.

You can check which games are OSX compatible. The ones that are will have a listing of system requirements, that will let you know if the Macbook can handle the games. You can look them up online, or post the games you want to play and we can let you know if they work on the Macbook.

If the game is PC only, you can install Windows on the Macbook with bootcamp, but I'm not sure how this will effect performance.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
If you are an 'avid gamer', I'd recommend you get either an iMac or a MacBook Pro. The MacBook will run WoW fine, but it'll choke on other 3D games, should you decide to diverge from WoW.

In fact, if you really are an avid gamer, i suggest you go with DIY Windows boxes. That way, you can buy exactly what you need at the lowest cost. The hard-core gamer is a market Apple will never appeal to, purely because of their OS licensing scheme.

Pidolang How Old Are You? Look At Your Spelling It's Crap Basically. I'd Personally Say Don't get A PC/Mac Until You Can Spell Properly Using Pen And Paper (Abbreviating Happens A Lot These Days With PC/Mac/Mobile Are The Number One Blame Along With Programs Such As MSN) As That's What You Need When You Leave School Or Are You One Of Those Wannbe Gangsta/Chavs.

Integrated Graphics Are Fine WoW, The Mac Version Is On The Same Disc By The Way. Don't Buy Ram from Apple Get It SomeWhere Else.
:rolleyes:

pidolang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
hey
yep it is(Y)
buy the middle white macbook and comes standered with 2gb wich will be fine to play wow and games.
and this macbook is excellents value for money.
then if u want buy more RAM from owc (http://www.owcomputing.com)
and follow the links to macbook ram
have fun:)

yeah u mean the one with 2.4ghz and 2gg ram...dats really sufficient for DOTA???hehehe

Jpoon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
yeah u mean the one with 2.4ghz and 2gg ram...dats really sufficient for DOTA???hehehe

Yeah, that's plenty sufficient for DOTA.

Fine for low frame rates with WoW.

But, like everyone said: the Macbook is not a gaming machine.

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.