Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Young Ted

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2007
Gamecube controller FTW. I used to quite like the N64 controller before the Gamecube occurred.

mcmadhatter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Bath, UK
WTF.

They lost a customer. I'll build my own.

They are not swapped, if you play a VC N64 game the z button on the N64 Controller is the z button in the game. This is because the Gc controller has the L and Z buttons swapped with respect to the N64 controller, so the "swapping" of the buttons on this devices mearly makes the N64 buttons work as they orignally did. If however you used the N64 controller to play a GC game on the wii, then you would find that the N64 L pressed the game Z and vice-versa

Antares

macrumors 68000
Nuff said really heres the link

Now I can finally play Mario the way it's meant to be played using the awesome original N64 Controller, also works for nes and snes!

Awesome! The N64 controller feels so great in my hand. I loved that controller. It will be perfect when Goldeneye comes out on the VC. :p I'm assuming, though, that this would still mean there's no rumble support.

takamitsu-kun

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2007
n64 cable

ok, so this confused me for a minute, so like mcmadhatter said the buttons are swapped and stuff and this is true, and at first I thought L on the GC controller would be L on the N64 controller, but it turns out that L on the GC controller is Z on the N64 controller! that's awsome, you can fire shells and stuff exactly how you could with the old N64 controller, that's just down right awsome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.