Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
i'm pretty salty about how iPhone finally got usb-c, i've been waiting for that for years. i only got my 14 PM last year but i plan on upgrading to 16 pro next year anyways. going back to regular size because i'm kinda getting sick of carrying around a massive phone and i do miss the smaller size.
I don’t blame you for moving back to the smaller-sized phone. But, before you do, drop by your local Apple Store and handle the 15 Plus. It’s quite a bit lighter than the Pro Max. I owned a 13 Pro before my 15 Plus. I find that I don’t miss any of the Pro features. Any the 15 Plus is still lighter than my 13 Pro was.

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
i'm pretty salty about how iPhone finally got usb-c, i've been waiting for that for years. i only got my 14 PM last year but i plan on upgrading to 16 pro next year anyways. going back to regular size because i'm kinda getting sick of carrying around a massive phone and i do miss the smaller size.

I can understand this, though I feel like I go back and forth on the size issue. I liked the form factor of the 12 mini but I really underestimated how much of a weakness the battery life would be. I made do until the 15 PM, which I like, but I hope the mini form factor can eventually be revisited with better battery life.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
You were using a 6S? that has to be one of the greatest jumps in phone technology I've heard of
Sure was! My wife is also on a 6s and still holding out. I legit haven't cared about any new iPhone since the 6s until it became clear it was time for a new one.... dropped in water 3x. Changed the battery 2x, once by Apple, one myself. Screen has a bluish tint and blotchy streaks from water damage. Can't see the screen very well or at all in direct sun. Earpiece and speaker volume both really really low. Battery life dismal. Camera looks pretty bad. Water damage probably to blame for a lot of it's current state. The 6s was/is a super solid phone though. In a lot of ways I miss it. I really liked that design, and it took the disaster that was the 6 and made it something really create that has had a lot of longevity for me.

The 15 really is a pleasure to use though. My kids are sort of obsessed with it both being on SE (2nd and 3rd gen). My wife could care less though. She'd use that 6s for ANOTHER 8 years if it would last that long!

Reactions: Amishpriest

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
Absolutely! Tests show the 15 Plus far outlasting the Max. Real world would confirm this as well. I could not be more pleased on the battery aspect.
Some of us (me) do not care how long the 15+ battery lasts. We choose the newer phone with the year-newer chip. The 14 Pro battery has always been great for me and nothing suggests to me that the 15 Pro Max battery performance will not similarly meet my needs.

I have only been using the 15PM for two days now, but the battery performance seems a bit better than the 14 Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.