Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
iCloud Shortcut that still works. Well technically, but not directly. Let me explain.

Once you add the shortcut, if you try to run it you’ll get an error message: “Open App failed because the App could not be opened.”

No worries, just press the (…) icon on the shortcut. Once you’re on the new screen, click the down facing arrow button (opposite of ) next to FTMInternal-4.app at the very top of the screen. That will open a drop down menu. On that menu, click “Add To Home Screen.” You can rename the app to Field Test Mode if you’d like, then click “Add” on the pop up window. Then go to your open screen and click the app. There you go, functional Field Test mode.

This works even on iPhones if you are bored of typing *3001#12345#* everytime.

Credits to reddit user LanceAvion

Last edited:

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Google says, as per MR:

What does Field Test Mode do on iPhone?

Field Test Mode is designed to allow ‌iPhone‌ users to access in-depth information about cellular signal and cellular connection. Field Test Mode is designed for engineers and cellular operators and most people will not need to use it on a regular basis.Jul 27, 2020

iOS 14 Includes Redesigned Field Test Mode - MacRumors​

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Google says, as per MR:

What does Field Test Mode do on iPhone?

Field Test Mode is designed to allow ‌iPhone‌ users to access in-depth information about cellular signal and cellular connection. Field Test Mode is designed for engineers and cellular operators and most people will not need to use it on a regular basis.Jul 27, 2020

iOS 14 Includes Redesigned Field Test Mode - MacRumors

Cool. I'm not sure iPad users would get as much info (since it's data only) but still useful nonetheless!

Reactions: VaruLV

satinsilverem2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2013
Richmond, VA
This is awesome! Thank you! I have been wanting a FTM on my iPads for years. it's limited to Serving cell info as of right now but at least that gives me band and BW info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.