Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
these types of threads are.. lol. clearly just to burn time cause in these threads, basically everyone knows everything about apple, including every staff members' diaper size when they were a baby

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
I dont think he is wrong when he says that the main feature of ios 10 is the new message app. And he is clearly right when he says that it looks like it was designed for 12 year old kids.

Everyone who uses the new imessage animations and effects and so on must be a little child. Or a girl. I cant imagine that a real man sits in front of his iphone and sending this stupid imessage stuff designed for little girls. Maybe apple should give the messages app a pink colored theme with little ponys on it.

It's interesting that you associate childish with traditional feminity and the opposite of childish with masculinity.

The opposite of childish/immature would be adult/mature (often associated more closely with things that are "professional" looking, if you will).

hektor6tygr

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
Clearly, you've never used apps like LINE, traveled much in Asia, or done much business with people from that part of the world. The use of stickers in apps like Line is hugely, hugely popular across all age segments in asian cultures, even in business settings.
Agree! Here in Japan stickers are a big thing, even adults use them! We call them stamps though haha

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
I don't 100% Agee with the OP, but I do think when Jobs stepped back from Apple and latter passed, The company lost the only person with the authority to edit Jonny Ive. Steve Jobs would have had zero reserve calling out crap design choices. Jonny is an incredibly talented designer, and Steve was great at distilling a product/feature down to it's purest form and the products they worked on together reflect that.

Jonny was definitely the 2nd most important person at Apple after Steve. While I'm sure Tim and team have given Jonny plenty of "Nos," you can bet the effectiveness and outcomes of those conversations is not the same. The Steve Jobs era at Apple is gone, and I doubt we'll see products that live up to that period for a long time. That does not mean the current Apple devices are bad, they are still industry leading but they are not on the same level as what has come before. I think about the Apple products whose designs have made me say Wow on release: G4 Cube, iMac G4 and the iPhone4/4s. That's a long time since something has really stood out

Reactions: Dj64Mk7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.