Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hermes + Ultra - Good fit?

• Total voters

Floaaa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2021
I own 30 bands + 2 AW Hermes, and I feel like upgrading to the Ultra would be a downgrade in terms of looks.
How do you feel about the combination of using the leather with the stainless steel lugs on the Ti Ultra?

Pics very much appreciated 😎

risenphoenixkai

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
I have several non-Hermès leather bands that look fine on the Ultra. Black-coloured connectors clash less than shiny stainless steel IMO.

If you have existing bands with shiny stainless connectors and want them to match better with the Ultra’s case, you can sand the outer surface of the connectors to a more brushed finish. I did that with a Milanese loop, and I’m pretty happy with the result.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Generally it doesn’t look too bad. I still prefer the aesthetic of the SS Hermes

Floaaa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2021
I have several non-Hermès leather bands that look fine on the Ultra. Black-coloured connectors clash less than shiny stainless steel IMO.

If you have existing bands with shiny stainless connectors and want them to match better with the Ultra’s case, you can sand the outer surface of the connectors to a more brushed finish. I did that with a Milanese loop, and I’m pretty happy with the result.
Interesting - could you show some results? Thank you

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I think there's some pics of Hermes bands on the Ultra on Discord.

But to me, this sounds like an excellent excuse to live the multi-watch lifestyle! Get the Ultra and wear almost any sporty bands with it, then get an Hermes or even just a stainless steel model for the fancy bands.

• Haha
Reactions: Floaaa

sahajesh

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2004
Sheffield
I've got the Navy and Orange Kilim plus the Fauve Barenia on my Ultra 2.
IMG_5598.jpeg
Orange Kilim 1.jpeg

Reactions: BillGates1969

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Welp, I feel like I'm stepping into a complicated debate...

I'm all for the 2 watch lifestyle and can see owning an SS S9 + the Ultra 2. But then I'd rather have a mechanical (or several) dress watches + the Ultra.

While I don't own any Hermes bands, I do essentially think mismatching lugs do not look appealing regardless of watch type.

I was happy to find this quality leather band with matching titanium lugs that can dress up the Ultra nicely when I don't want to travel with my bulky Citizen World Chronograph AT. While sporting a suit is part of my travel, I rarely bother taking another watch to dress it up due to the frequency(it is often). Taking a second strap is a lot easier.

It was $20... from a certain Chinese site. Smells wonderful and is nice & supple. Wayyyy better quality than I expected.
I could not in good conscience buy an Hermes band for this watch without matching lugs. Would drive me insane...

1698111646718.jpeg
1698111662210.jpeg

1698111709919.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.