Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
My husband bought me an orange swift band this week for my birthday, after I told him not to repeatedly. But it opened some sort of flood gate for me and now I've ordered myself a Kilim band in Kaki. I don't know, but something about the colour just looks special.

I know I already asked, so I am sorry, but how do the Kilm bands hold up? Do they get any sort of oilyness or shine the way the apple sport bands do? thanks!

Reactions: Dstopsie and moyjoy

Z6128

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2005
New Jersey
I picked up the blue Kilim yesterday in the city and love the blue. It almost shifts in color depending on the lighting.

Seeing the new 45mm leather bands I want all 3 now! The spring Hermes collections every year always pull me in way more than the fall collection. Love the bright colors.

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
My husband bought me an orange swift band this week for my birthday, after I told him not to repeatedly. But it opened some sort of flood gate for me and now I've ordered myself a Kilim band in Kaki. I don't know, but something about the colour just looks special.

I know I already asked, so I am sorry, but how do the Kilm bands hold up? Do they get any sort of oilyness or shine the way the apple sport bands do? thanks!
I’ve had my orange Kilim since release and wear it almost every day. No shine or oiliness to date (tbh I didn’t even realize it was a thing with Apple Sport bands).

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana

Both Kilim and sport bands are made of a fluoroelastomer rubber material. So it’s safe to assume the Kilim band could wear similar to a sport band.

I picked up 3 Kilim bands in the fall and none are showing wear yet. But I also rotate through them. So basically, I’m saying buy more Kilim to keep them looking good 😂

I also have not seen anyone complaining about their Kilim having wear issues, but we’re only ~6 months after release. If wear is an issue, we might not see it until 1-2 years of daily use.

Also, you landed a good husband so treat him right!

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Both Kilim and sport bands are made of a fluoroelastomer rubber material. So it’s safe to assume the Kilim band could wear similar to a sport band.

I picked up 3 Kilim bands in the fall and none are showing wear yet. But I also rotate through them. So basically, I’m saying buy more Kilim to keep them looking good 😂

I also have not seen anyone complaining about their Kilim having wear issues, but we’re only ~6 months after release. If wear is an issue, we might not see it until 1-2 years of daily use.

Worn my Kilm black every single day since Nov through Hawaii, Asia, and more on hikes etc. Not one sign of wear. My sport bands showed horrible wear after 2 months so this Hermes one is def impressive.

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021

The Apple Sport Bands have a particular soft-touch finish to them that wears down whereas the Kilim just seems like raw rubber—almost eraser-like—but much higher quality. Both are elastomers but still different polymers or whatnot, afaik.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009

Thats good to know so thank you, and I agree!

The Apple Sport Bands have a particular soft-touch finish to them that wears down whereas the Kilim just seems like raw rubber—almost eraser-like—but much higher quality. Both are elastomers but still different polymers or whatnot, afaik.
That's super interesting - when looking at it, it looks similar but it did feel a bit different, thanks for clarifying that.

And thank you all for letting me know your Kilim's are holding up well!

justiny

Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Bubbletucky

According to my Bandbreite log book, I have worn my 45mm Kilim Noir for 120 days since I received it on September 23rd. I have gently scrubbed it clean with a soft toothbrush and a drop of clear dish soap on two separate occasions.

I cannot emphasize enough how I am not exaggerating: This thing still looks brand new. No shine, no scratches in the rubber or the deployment buckle, the lugs and the clasp shine just as bright as day one.

I don't exercise with it (I switch to a sport band). However, it has been with me on hikes, walks, holidays, hotels, and plenty of work trips where a rental car is my office. I shower with it at the end of the days I choose to wear it. My 3-year-old has yanked on it, various dogs have clawed and licked it, and it's lost some small battles with food and drink spills.

I honestly consider its Swiss Made (not China) quality to be legitimately on par with rubber straps of some luxury timepieces, and it really is better quality than the factory rubber strap on my Tag Heuer.

For its versatility, ease of putting on/off, and durability, the Kilim has easily become my favorite Apple Watch band.

IMG_3812.png

IMG_3820.jpeg

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Apple started offering the kaki Kilim in 41mm but will they ever restock the 45mm?!?

Also, I guess anyone with the 45mm rouge h Kilim have a rare band now since it’s no longer being sold.

Reactions: Dstopsie

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Apple started offering the kaki Kilim in 41mm but will they ever restock the 45mm?!?

Also, I guess anyone with the 45mm rouge h Kilim have a rare band now since it’s no longer being sold.
Where are you based? They may have in retail stores. I saw it at one of the Hermès stores in London. (The kaki not the rouge h).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.