Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Does anyone know if the Kilim is sold in store? You can check store stock for other bands, but not for the Kilim for some reason.
Do you mean apple or Hermes? Apple has them in select stores, but yes the Hermes I have gone too also have them. I saw it on display in Miami recently and I purchased a Blanc kilim in London in the selfridges store. It shows unavailable in the uk online but available in other colours.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
My favorite combo.

IMG_1553.JPG

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
If anyone is interested I'm selling a brand new Bleu Kilim band in the MR marketplace. I got it with a new Series 9 I ordered but don't really need/want the kilim band. If anyone is interested PM me.

Reactions: BillGates1969

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
So any thoughts on this? Earlier someone had noted it stains easily. Do others find that? If so is it easy to remove the stains?

Anything white that comes into contact with blue denim will have dye transfer. I haven’t had issue with mine but I also take precaution and don’t wear it in situations where it may get dirty (like alongside denim) and I always gently wipe down bands after having worn them anyway.

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
The best way to remove stains on the fluorelastomer bands is any "strong" chlorine cleaner. I managed to clean band of all colors with it. Just wrap a sheet of toilet paper around it and soak it with the cleaner - leave it some time ans see, what it does.
...avoid the matal parts though.

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
I simply spray a salt based cleaner (which has a very small amount of chlorine in it anyway afaik) onto a microfiber cloth and gently wipe the bands down after every use. Works well for both textile and elastomer bands.

Reactions: BillGates1969

soulsteelgray

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Bleu Jean Hermès Tricot Single Tour

View attachment 2367783
I’ve been going back and forth on the bleu jean tricot since I’ve got my eye on the bleu jean single tour (or double tour) and wouldn’t necessarily want both to be the same color, but this makes me think I should go for the bleu jean tricot and pass on the single tour…

But that white stitching…

Sigh.

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
I could not resist - there is my Series 9 45 mm with a Jaune d’Or/Bleu Jean band.
...count the holes. My small wrist does not fit the M/L bands, so I had to add an additional hole, which works very well with a soldering iron and a small tip. 😊

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3626.jpg
    IMG_3626.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 39

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
I guess this is a bit too „special interest“ for the official market place so I‘m putting it here. I have two original 41 mm Hermès deployment clasps from Kilim bands that I don‘t need anymore. I prefer regular buckles so I converted the straps but I know other people love the deployment clasps and may want to convert their straps the other way around. PM me if you‘re interested.

Bona Mish

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2023
I’ve been going back and forth on the bleu jean tricot since I’ve got my eye on the bleu jean single tour (or double tour) and wouldn’t necessarily want both to be the same color, but this makes me think I should go for the bleu jean tricot and pass on the single tour…

But that white stitching…

Sigh.
My unhelpful advice is to get both 😆 They are such different bands. But if I had to choose, I'd go for the leather option. As you say, that contrast stitching... 😍

So gorgeous! What is the length of the band?
Same as the woven nylons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.