Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 19, 2010
UK
So I was just checking out the Apple site and looking at the AirTags and the keyring holders etc. Anyway, I pretty much spat out my drink when I noticed the Hermes Luggage Tag coming in at £399......:eek: - It's just a tiny piece of leather!

Reactions: WildeFox

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
So I was just checking out the Apple site and looking at the AirTags and the keyring holders etc. Anyway, I pretty much spat out my drink when I noticed the Hermes Luggage Tag coming in at £399......:eek: - It's just a tiny piece of leather!
Yes. I’m going to wait for 3rd party airtag key rings and luggage holders before ordering any.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
there will be people buying it... my friend bought me a Hermes USB Drive with 8GB of storage for my birthday(and i happen to be named Hermes so yeah). some people just have too much money to spend.

hopsenberry

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2015
I bought a Hermes Apple Watch for my wife and the leather started fraying at the edges after only a couple of months. Overpriced garbage.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
I bought a Hermes Apple Watch for my wife and the leather started fraying at the edges after only a couple of months. Overpriced garbage.
Wow, they are supposed to make one of the best leather watch bands using the best and softest leather. The leather itself started to fray and fall apart? Did they cover it under warranty since it was less than 90 days?

hopsenberry

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2015
Wow, they are supposed to make one of the best leather watch bands using the best and softest leather. The leather itself started to fray and fall apart? Did they cover it under warranty since it was less than 90 days?
The leather was splitting apart outside the stitching.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
If you put the air tag inside would that prohibit the signal from passing through. I guess it will depends on the material if you have hard shell or soft nylon suitcase.
I guess it will be similar for book bags?

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
If you put the air tag inside would that prohibit the signal from passing through. I guess it will depends on the material if you have hard shell or soft nylon suitcase.
I guess it will be similar for book bags?
Unless your suitcase is literally a metal box I don't think this is an issue.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    31.6 KB · Views: 311

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
I'll be getting the Hermes key ring but not sure who would buy a Hermes luggage tag.

Thieves can easily unbuckle it and walk off with it if they see it from a distance.
I think the Hermes indigo key chain looks dope. Don't know if I can justify the price, yet.

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
I've had 2 Hermes apple watches and both bands lasted well over a year and looked perfect when I sold them. I think you got a bad band.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia

Norre8

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2018
Found an additional Airtag Hermès accessory that’s not shown on the Apple or Hermès website yet: Travel tag!

View attachment 1762456

It’ll most certainly be the most expensive out of the four available accessories
Probably. I would assume you rather keep the tracker in your luggage vs. on the outside of it.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
My experience has been the opposite. I used the same band for 2 years and it held up well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.