Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 22, 2018
Not so dumb question.

IF (and its a big if on this cycle) I upgrade to Catalina, can I install iTunes and use it to sync my devices instead of all that Finder tick box ****? Never used a tick box to sync with iTunes. Just 2 separate iTunes libraries, one for my iPad, one for my iPod Classic. Different stuff on each device, different stuff in each iTunes library. Dead easy. Now, it looks like I have to tick all the individual albums I want on my iPad, but not on my iPod, and tick any movies, etc, I do want on my iPad, or untick to remove them. All in Finder. Crap-o-la. So, does iTunes run on Catalina?

Love!

Last edited:

Mr Todhunter

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
Third planet from the Sun
Not so dumb question.

IF (and its a big if on this cycle) I upgrade to Catalina, can I install iTunes and use it to sync my devices instead of all that Finder tick box ****? Never used a tick box to sync with iTunes. Just 2 separate iTunes libraries, one for my iPad, one for my iPod Classic. Different stuff on each device, different stuff in each iTunes library. Dead easy. Now, it looks like I have to tick all the individual albums I want on my iPad, but not on my iPod, and tick any movies, etc, I do want on my iPad, or untick to remove them. All in Finder. Crap-o-la. So, does iTunes run on Catalina?

Love!
YES
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/itunes-12-6-5-3-on-macos-catalina-10-15.2184518/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.