Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krishmk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
for the past two days, when I say Hey siri and what is the weather or add a remainder.. it does the work but only shows it on the screen, no voice prompts.

This is driving me nuts and need a fix ASAP. Any suggestions?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Check your voice feedback setting in Siri settings. Or reboot

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Same issue. I think it started for me with iOS12.1 and I still have it on 12.1.1 betas. It usually works after a reboot but then stops.

I only use Siri for a shortcut I have to translate what I say into another language. Weirdly, the setting to start translating after a pause works, but it sends nothing to be translated. In other words, it seems as if Siri is picking up the fact I was talking and had then stopped talking, but didn't actually transcribe anything I said. I've assumed it's a bug. it's been mentioned on here before I believe in one of the iOS12 beta threads.

krishmk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
I rebooted twice and still the same issue. Voice feed back is on, no settings are changed on my side. Just driving me nuts as I use voice prompt a lot while driving and hate to look at screen while driving

dfs

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
California
for the past two days, when I say Hey siri and what is the weather or add a remainder.. it does the work but only shows it on the screen, no voice prompts.

This is driving me nuts and need a fix ASAP. Any suggestions?
[doublepost=1560840713][/doublepost]Go Settings > Siri & Search, make sure the option "Listen for 'Hey Siri'" is switched on, it sounds like you may have inadvertently switched it off (this is a handy option if you have more than one Siri-equipped device in the same room, you can limit the response to the device you want to respond).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.