Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsr2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
Hey, has anyone run into the Hey Siri feature suddenly not working in iOS 10. It's not too big a deal for me, but I was curious if anyone else has run into this.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Are you using an iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+ or SE? If so, have you made sure the toggle is turned on? If you aren't using one of those phones, it only works when the phone is plugged in (provided the toggle is turned on).

dsr2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
Thanks. Yes, I'm using a 6s and I did a soft reset which seems to have solved the problem....at least for now.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
My problem is hey Siri works to well now lol my watch and iPhone (have it turned off on iPad) both just started a timer at the same time for me lol

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
My Hey Siri on iPhone 6 (so only when plugged in) did not work at all until I first disabled Hey Siri and then reenabled it. At this point it prompted me to train it. After that it worked. So sounds like a bug but others could try this workaround in future:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.