Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrdoodle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
San Francisco
For years, I’ve used this command to play the entire album that has the currently playing song.

For example, if I’m listening to a playlist or “radio” and a song comes on and I want to listen to the full album that the song is on, I used to just say “Play this album”

This no longer works. It seems Siri tries to find an album named after the title of the song. So if I was listening to Bohemian Rhapsody, and I said “Play this album”, instead of playing A Night at the Opera, siri says “I can’t find any album called Bohemian Rhapsody” or “I couldn’t find that in your library”. Sometimes she just plays the band’s “station” (all popular songs by the band” instead of the specific album by the band.

But if I say “Play Night at the Opera by Queen” the album will come on no problem.

Such a bummer that things always seem to be getting worse. But this does seem like a bug. It’s been like this for about a year now.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

logicat2001

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
For years, I’ve used this command to play the entire album that has the currently playing song.

For example, if I’m listening to a playlist or “radio” and a song comes on and I want to listen to the full album that the song is on, I used to just say “Play this album”

This no longer works. It seems Siri tries to find an album named after the title of the song. So if I was listening to Bohemian Rhapsody, and I said “Play this album”, instead of playing A Night at the Opera, siri says “I can’t find any album called Bohemian Rhapsody” or “I couldn’t find that in your library”. Sometimes she just plays the band’s “station” (all popular songs by the band” instead of the specific album by the band.

But if I say “Play Night at the Opera by Queen” the album will come on no problem.

Such a bummer that things always seem to be getting worse. But this does seem like a bug. It’s been like this for about a year now.

Anyone else have this issue?
Same here. It’s very disappointing and I have had no success finding a solution or workaround, outside of playing an album by its title.

Sarah_Baker

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2023
Try this.
1. Open the Shortcuts app on iPhone.
2. Click the "+"
3. Search for "Play Music" action
4. Add a text variable
5. Rename your action and you should then have a custom action for playing albums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.