Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spacedout17

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Texas
Maybe I am missing something, but during the keynote today the in the opening film the woman activated Siri just by saying "Hey Siri" to her AirPods. However, they never came back to it during the keynote or announced anything with AirPods. Yes, I do understand that it was a movie and not real. However, something about this stuck out to me as odd. Like Apple was going to debut this feature at todays keynote, but something stopped them from doing so. If you want to see what I am talking about here is the link to the video on Apple's Youtube channel. The moment I am referring to is at 33s in.

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
I saw this too! WTF? I really thought they would announce new Airpods or at least an update!

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Was going to start a topic on that, but you were faster :)

How did she make the AirPods react to "Hey Siri"? New firmware coming with iOS12? We haven't seen the iOS12 beta for the HomePods neither, Tim mentioned some new features quickly for the HP, but maybe it's the same story?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Weird that no newssite has reported anything on this... Edit the topic title to contain the word "AirPods" in it? Now it doesn't cover the topic ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.