Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RonFromOregon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
I discovered that when I say this "turn on the flashlight" to my AW, the light turns on there instead of on my phone. I'm already finding this handy. Even though the AW flashlight mode isn't very bright, I've already found it useful on several occasions.

Last edited:

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
Me too... discovered it out of desperation the other day when my hands were full and I needed a light. I asked Siri having no idea if it would work, and it did!

FYI, when you actually turn the watch away from your body, the "flashlight" (which is just a white screen), gets brighter. In a totally dark space it does provide useful illumination.

ColdnFrosty

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
Nor'east
Me too... discovered it out of desperation the other day when my hands were full and I needed a light. I asked Siri having no idea if it would work, and it did!

FYI, when you actually turn the watch away from your body, the "flashlight" (which is just a white screen), gets brighter. In a totally dark space it does provide useful illumination.

I tried it … the flashlight turned on momentarily and then went off, because Siri responded, "It's on."

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Also has a red filter version if you swipe left. Great if you don't want to kill your night vision. Been using the heck out of the flashlight feature. Way more convenient than carrying your phone when you just need some illumination.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.