Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macbooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Hi Guys, Can anyone who's running a beta version of IOS9 tell me if 'Hey Siri' has been enabled on the iPad Pro without it being plugged into a power source? For a supposed 'Pro' device I can't understand why this has not been enabled yet is on the iPhone 6s. Thanks.

Macbooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Thanks. Yeah I noticed that. I was hoping that they would enable it on a future IOS update. :(

Macbooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
LOL! I use it on my iPhone 6s Plus and the battery life is fine. I'm just surprised that a 'Pro' device is lacking features.

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
yeah, was a bit surprised too, that it didn't work. I would have loved to yell "hey siri" in the office and see three iPP's and three iPhones 6s answer: What can I do for you?

Reactions: ShawnTXDFW

Macbooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Ha! Although it's supposed to recognise your own particular voice but I soon discovered that that doesn't quite work exactly right. :)

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I'm surprised Hey Siri is missing from iPP too, since that was touted as a feature that came with the A9 chip, you'd think the A9X chip would be able to do this too.

Reactions: Ghost31

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I'm surprised Hey Siri is missing from iPP too, since that was touted as a feature that came with the A9 chip, you'd think the A9X chip would be able to do this too.
Hey Siri is there but only works when the iPad Pro is plugged in...which negated the whole point of Hey Siri.

I'm really not sure why the 6s/Plus with a much smaller battery and a less powerful A9 chip supports unplugged always on Hey Siri but not the more powerful iPad Pro with more battery life.

Last edited:

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Hey Siri is there but only works when the iPad Pro is plugged in...which negated the whole point of Hey Siri.

I'm really not sure why the 6s/Plus with a much smaller battery and a less powerful A9 chip supports unplugged always on Hey Siri but not the more powerful and more battery life iPad Pro.

I'm guessing that is a feature Apple wanted to "save" for the next iPad pro.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

fanta88

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
I don't mind that it's limited. I honestly don't think it's that important of a feature. Plus the other night, I had my iPP plugged in and used "Hey Siri" and heard from both the iPP AND my iphone which was across the room at the time.

Reactions: Macbooky

Macmar88

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
I really wish it was on my pro mainly because unlike my phone I don't have a passcode on it. So opening apps before picking it up would be cool. Hoping it'll come in iOS 9.2... Please Apple

sincere11105

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
I'm glad it's not on IPP. I use hey Siri on my phone and watch. Don't need all 3 going off at the same time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.