Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I thought Siri was supposed to learn your voice for the Hey Siri feature? Or was that just an iPhone thing? The reason I ask is because I bought my wife an Apple Watch since I liked mine so much, and while I was showing her some features I used Hey Siri, and her watch responded along with mine, and it picked up every word. I was also about 8 feet away from her. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it? I'm not sure how much of a problem it will be in everyday use, but I found it a little odd.

VictoryHighway

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
Hopedale, MA
I just got an Apple Watch, and I was not prompted to set up Hey Siri on it, so it just might be that this feature has not been ported to watchOS yet.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I believe it is just an iPhone security chip feature. Also don't think the :apple:Watch has the hardware (chip) to support this.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I don't believe that it's an iPhone exclusive feature. I remember upgrading my iPad Air 2 to iOS 9 and was prompted to set up Hey Siri.
The OP is referring to voice 'fingerprint' training. This is part of the A9/M9 chip set. We all know the :apple:Watch, several iPads and iPhones have the 'Hey Siri' function.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.