Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rubysohaib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2022
Hi, I'm using Macbookpro(Retina 13inch mid-2014)and I face an issue wi colored lines while shutting it down. I'm worried please tell me what to do now. I have to replace the display or don't need to worry about it and leave it as it is. Share your opinions and experience if you are also facing the same issue.

rovostrov

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2020
What OS are you using? I believe there was an issue similar to this with Big Sur
Just saw that you posted this in the Catalina forum...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rubysohaib

Rubysohaib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2022
What OS are you using? I believe there was an issue similar to this with Big Sur
Just saw that you posted this in the Catalina forum...
yes I'm using Catalina. not sure whether to update too big sure or not. people have bad reviews related to big sure. what do you suggest?

rovostrov

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2020
yes I'm using Catalina. not sure whether to update too big sure or not. people have bad reviews related to big sure. what do you suggest?
I haven't moved past Catalina so I couldn't recommend Big Sur. I do remember Big Sur causing some graphic issues but since you are using Catalina, that wouldn't be helpful in your case. You might try resetting the NVRAM/PRAM and SMC. That will sometimes fix qlitches with the system. Here is an article that should help if you are not familiar with the process. https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.