Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lastick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2022
Hello! Please help me with my Macbook pro 2015 mid. My computer is always on charge (during the day) and at night, before going to sleep, I unplug it, lock it and press the cross (put it in sleep mode). So, the last few days the macbook has gone from 100% overnight to 0%, and it's really frustrated me. Before that the battery discharge was from 100% to 70-80% assuming I had 700 charge cycles.
Please help solve the problem, as well as adjust the pmset properly so that the battery works steadily when disconnected from power.
I am also wondering if I can keep the macbook on charge for a long time while working with it?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-01-15 в 11.20.56.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-01-15 в 11.20.56.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 105

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I suggest that, for a couple of nights, you SHUT IT DOWN completely (rather than put it sleep).
What does that do for the battery charge the next morning?

lastick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2022
I suggest that, for a couple of nights, you SHUT IT DOWN completely (rather than put it sleep).
What does that do for the battery charge the next morning?
Thank you, I'll give it a try and let you know. Are the settings in the screenshot correct or not? I'm scared by the big numbers in the delay...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.