Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazb69

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
After a number of unlocks of my phone I get what appears to be a invisible keyboard which prevents interaction with apps on the dashboard until after a few taps in which it then disappears.

I’ve been putting up with it for a while now but it’s starting to happen more frequently.

I don’t appear to be able to find anyone have the same issues as me.

I think it’s been doing it since lauch and I’ve silently hoped for a update to fix it.

I have submitted it as a bug report to Apple and it is reported as a duplicate bug but what worries me is it is a dupe of a issue logged nearly 14 millions requests ago...

I’ve got a few friends with a XS Max and their devices don’t suffer from this.

I’ve tried devices restores a number of times, only thing I’ve not done yet is “as new device” as I’ve got everything how I like it and having to do that just pains me haha.

Anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• 0808534A-7009-4BD7-B6D1-694CD80E7631.jpeg
    0808534A-7009-4BD7-B6D1-694CD80E7631.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 534

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Try setting it up as a new device and see if the problem persists. If it does, go to Apple and have them replace your faulty hardware. If it doesn't, something in your backup is causing this and you'll have to set everything up as new.

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
Before you try setting it up as a new device, maybe try resetting all settings? It'll change all of your settings back to default while preserving all of your information so nothing will be erased.

It's a pain but at least you wont have to download all of your apps and data all over again. lol

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
I've had the same issue for ages (since getting my XS Max I believe). Additionally, I believe I saw a thread on this topic last week. So you're not alone for sure. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

dazb69

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Switching back to a numeric passcode instead of Alphanumeric appears to have resolved this.

dazb69

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Didn’t find that thread during my initial search.

I’ve gone over a day now without seeing it after changing my passcode. Prior to that it was a regular occurrence throughout the day.

ihakim

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2012
Stanford, CA
Didn’t find that thread during my initial search.

I’ve gone over a day now without seeing it after changing my passcode. Prior to that it was a regular occurrence thoroughout the day.

Makes sense that a numeric passcode might fix the issue. Keep us posted. If it works, I may go to a numeric passcode until it's fixed. Unfortunate that we have to use a less secure password though while this issue persists in order the avoid the glitch.

BradJMelb

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2022
I still get this running iOS 15.4.1. I always thought that it was some dodgy data on my phone that I'd have to start from scratch to resolve. Was surprised to find these couple of threads about this going back to iOS 12.x and only a problem for Alphanumeric passcode users.
Goes to show that there aren't that many of us out there...

Anyone ever have any luck getting around this (without switching back to a numeric passcode)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.