Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Comp136

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2019
Recently noticed on my iPhone 7 that when I tap the carrier or network bar icons at top of screen a white, offset duplicate of the icons appear and then disappear when I let go.

Does this indicate my iPhone is being remotely viewed?

danieldavis3924

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
Recently noticed on my iPhone 7 that when I tap the carrier or network bar icons at top of screen a white, offset duplicate of the icons appear and then disappear when I let go.

Yes.

Only joking, I highly doubt it. I’ve just tried on my iPhone 7, and I don’t get that issue. Have you had the screen replaced on the phone at any point?

danieldavis3924

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
I would say it is more of a screen glitch than anything else, especially as it is on the edge of LCD.

The only way to test is to fit another screen temporarily and see if the glitch persists.

I personally wouldn’t worry, remotely accessing an iPhone is near on impossible without the user knowing.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Why do you think something like that is connected to something like remote viewing?

Comp136

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2019
Thought it mean my iPhone screen is being viewed at another location and it’s bein mirrored? Or you think just a glitch ?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thought it mean my iPhone screen is being viewed at another location and it’s bein mirrored? Or you think just a glitch ?
Certainly sounds like a glitch. It doesn't seem like something odd like that would mean that the screen is being viewed at another location, or really anything else in particular.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
If the screen was mirrored you’d have the blue privacy status bar indicator (or blue privacy status indicator on the time for iPhone X).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.