Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
I explained in another post that my iTunes sync of my iPhone started to restore to my iPhone 7 Plus, and then it said that it could not be restored because it was corrupt, and then the previous backup disappeared from my device list on iTunes.. I have checked the mobile sync folder to no avail, but is there a hidden trash bin that I am not searching? Anything would be greatly appreciated, as I have lost almost 4,000 pictures and over 200 videos..

Please, and Thank you!

airlied

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2011
have you used some cleaning app like macclean or something? there apps delete some essential files and treat multiple backup files as junk. if so you cannot retrieve them unless you have a time machine backup or your iphone is backedup with icloud. but there is a way that has 20% chance that you can restore from that corrupted backup file. Just find a windows pc and copy the file to windows folders, then give the windows version of itunes a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.