Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashkan2200

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
Hi guys,
I have a secondary screen connected which is mirroring my main screen. I would like to know if I can have an application only show on my main screen.

I don't want to make the secondary screen an extended screen since I have to present something and during this presentation I have to actually write a piece of text. So I need to see what I am typing but at the same time I want to have a cheat window open which I would very much like that no one else be able to see. Hence the question.

Thank you,
Ashkan

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Hi guys,
I have a secondary screen connected which is mirroring my main screen. I would like to know if I can have an application only show on my main screen.

I don't want to make the secondary screen an extended screen since I have to present something and during this presentation I have to actually write a piece of text. So I need to see what I am typing but at the same time I want to have a cheat window open which I would very much like that no one else be able to see. Hence the question.

Thank you,
Ashkan

There is no easy way of doing this.
But if you are presenting something on Keynote or Powerpoint, you have options for the second screen when screen are extended. So you can have the same slides shown on the 2nd screen as well along with notes and timer etc..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.