Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
My wife likes send me photos of herself that are...lets just say NSFW. I keep all the photos in a folder that's buried, meaning you have to dig through sections of my Mac to find them.

The problem is when I open a Finder window, under All My Files, those pics are the first thing someone sees. Is there a way to keep the photos on my computer but mark them as hidden or something so they don't show up under All My Files?

Last edited:

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
You could disable All My Files if you don't use it. It is a bit of a pointless feature anyway.

Lloyd Braun

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
…or add the folder to Spotlight's "Privacy" section.

I have a similar folder and that's worked for me in the past. No longer indexable or searchable, so I have to deliberately go to the folder to find something.

Hawkeye16

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Iowa
Personally I keep all of that stuff in a sparse disk image that is encrypted and password protected. I would highly recommend the same! You can make one through the disk utility.

If you need help you can send me the pictures and I can make one for you and send it back! :D

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
…or add the folder to Spotlight's "Privacy" section.

I have a similar folder and that's worked for me in the past. No longer indexable or searchable, so I have to deliberately go to the folder to find something.

That's exactly what I wanted! Thanks Lloyd!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.