Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkundi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Is there a way to hide Apps via Terminal or any other method on BigSur, I'm quite fed up of the bloatware that Adobe CC installs such as helper apps and third party apps like Cinema 4D?

J

Black Baron

Suspended
Nov 8, 2020
Germany
Use Adobe CC 2017.07 ... kick out every add-on software component using CleanMyMac X until you see this:

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 19.57.02.png

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 20.02.34.png

My concept works (tested on OS X Mojave) if you want a trouble free software workbench ... of course "they" want to trash the working software workflow ... as always since decades to bother creatives around the world and keep them as busy as much as ever possible with lots of software troubles every day ... and the next day ... and the day after ... till the next OS version.

The reason why Apple "Leadership" + Adobe "Leadership" software politics makes no sense. That's my experience after a very precise analysis of both companies over 20 years.

Regards,

BLACK BARON
Design / Photo / Art / Music

Reactions: jkundi

HenryAZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
South Congress AZ
Is there a way to hide Apps via Terminal or any other method on BigSur, I'm quite fed up of the bloatware that Adobe CC installs such as helper apps and third party apps like Cinema 4D?

J

For Launchpad itself, you can just stuff them all into a folder. Just like iOS, you copy one app over another and it creates a folder, which you can name, and to which you can add all the apps you want. I use several folders in Launchpad, one of which is for all of my Dock apps. If they're on the Dock, I don't need to see them in Launchpad as well. This doesn't hide them, as such, but it keeps them more out of sight.

Reactions: jkundi

jkundi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Thankyou, I've decided to put everything in one folder for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.