Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Innise

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
I like how you can hide notification data unless Face ID has scanned you, especially for work-related stuff that can sometimes be confidential, this is a gamechanger.

But when I pay with Apple Pay, I receive a notification with a summary of the purchase, the amount and the place that can't hide the data the same way. The notification is not from the Wallet app nor my banks app. It's some imaginary app that doesn't really exist and so I can't adjust that in the settings. What the eff is this?

Has anyone experienced this as well?

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Have you gone to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay and then clicked on your card and toggled off notifications there?

Innise

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Have you gone to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay and then clicked on your card and toggled off notifications there?
No, I guess I could do that if it came down to it. I still like having the notifications on, I just want to hide the data when it's not me looking.

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
No, I guess I could do that if it came down to it. I still like having the notifications on, I just want to hide the data when it's not me looking.
Setting- notifications -wallet- show preview- make sure it is set to When unlocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.