Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shahrezsyed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Stony Brook, New York
I wanted to know how I can hide App Store purchases on my iPhone and iPad since they're not hidden on the two devices even though I hid them on iTunes (Mac).

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I believe the option to do that on an iDevice has been removed. I've been trying to figure it out too and it seems it's been gone since iOS 6.

ry23

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
By saying hide it, do you mean hide an icon? Or hide it's complete contents (e.g. data, location, etc.)?

If you mean how to hide an icon, check out this video. It's very simple. All you have to do to open the app and search for it in spotlight.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
By saying hide it, do you mean hide an icon? Or hide it's complete contents (e.g. data, location, etc.)?

If you mean how to hide an icon, check out this video. It's very simple. All you have to do to open the app and search for it in spotlight.

Neither. The OP is referring to the option we used to have to hide downloads from the App Store so they don't appear on your "purchased" section.

Fission

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
Yes, this is stupid. Why on earth do I have to forever have every app I DL? What if I don't want someone seeing what I DL?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.