Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blazer5913

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Just wondering if any of you guys have any real good sites for dvd cover art. I am tediously making my way through my DVD collection for the Apple TV, and am now adding the cover art to my video files in iTunes... I tried cdcovers.cc but those are just such low quality that they don't look as good on my HDTV with the aTV. So any suggestions, preferrably free ones? Thanks alot

eddyg

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2003
Christchurch, New Zealand
Delicious Library

Just wondering if any of you guys have any real good sites for dvd cover art. I am tediously making my way through my DVD collection for the Apple TV, and am now adding the cover art to my video files in iTunes... I tried cdcovers.cc but those are just such low quality that they don't look as good on my HDTV with the aTV. So any suggestions, preferrably free ones? Thanks alot

Hi,

I use Delicious Library, which gets it from Amazon. My DVDs are in there anyway. By selecting the Info, then command-C the art and pasting it into itunes it works well. I think it looks fine on the AppleTV.

Cheers, Ed.

Blazer5913

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Alright, but what I really mean is HIGH DEFINITION cover art... Stuff thats great quality and will look superb on the Apple TV. Thanks, and like I said, I already know about cdcovers.cc but this just is not high res

eddyg

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2003
Christchurch, New Zealand
Alright, but what I really mean is HIGH DEFINITION cover art... Stuff thats great quality and will look superb on the Apple TV. Thanks, and like I said, I already know about cdcovers.cc but this just is not high res

I see - won't that be really slow to sync to the AppleTV when you connect to your remote library?

Cheers, Ed.

Blazer5913

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
No, not really... I mean, the files are only like 3-4 megs or so, when compared to 3gig movies...

thebiggoose

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2006
I dont have an aTV yet but for iTines I search the movie name on wikipedia. It is actually the movie poster...which i hapen to liek better and they are usually good quality.

nickd06

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2005
the best and most reliable way I get mine (at LEAST 600X800) is searching google. I go to the picture tab and then set it to "large pictures" and then search the movie title, and if it doesn't come up i sometimes put "poster" after the movie and I have gotten just about every dvd cover that way.

Hope this helps!

neven

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2006
Portland, OR
I always do a Google Images search - if it's on Wikipedia or Amazon, it'll usually show up in there anyway.

Don't get too crazy with the file size. Someone mentioned 3 or 4 mb files - that's unnecessarily large. Your movie covers will be shown at about 500*700px tops, even at 1080, even when they're selected in the list. That shouldn't be more than a few hundred kilobyte file.

ibglowin

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2005
You might try CDCovers.cc They have covers as well as Disc covers on just about everything you can imagine. Good quality as well.

zero_bit

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2005
I use impawards.com and find the high resolution movie posters. They've got about 90% of what I need, everything else is typically found through googling.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I use impawards.com and find the high resolution movie posters. They've got about 90% of what I need, everything else is typically found through googling.

I found this site the other day and instantly bookmarked it. It's got a good deal of movie posters there and they are high enough quality for display on the Apple TV... great site for this purpose!

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
I use this:

http://www.impawards.com/

They are usually good quality movie posters (not dvd covers).

I have been using this site as well. Images come up nice and clean, and sometimes you can pick your poster.

I also have been going to IMDB and pulling the movie synopsis and pasting it into the comments section in iTunes.

When the movie comes up on the Apple TV the image shrinks after a moment and there is the synopsis.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I also have been going to IMDB and pulling the movie synopsis and pasting it into the comments section in iTunes.

When the movie comes up on the Apple TV the image shrinks after a moment and there is the synopsis.

Excellent! I've been wondering where I should put those... I bought two movies from the iTunes store and the synopsis isn't in the comments section so I never though to put it there... Apple TV must read from some random area of the file and the comments section... guess I know what I'm doing this evening!

m2er

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2007
I get my movie covers from http://www.dvdempire.com. I don't believe they are HD, but they are good quality. They also have front and back which is nice based on what we have seen coming with iphone.

williedigital

Cancelled
Oct 4, 2005
hi res don't matter

I'm pretty sure that the way cover images are added to the mp4 files, itunes automatically shrinks the image down to whatever size is allowed by the .mp4 specs. I'm not sure what the max file/resolution size is, but I'm pretty sure it's less than 3-4 mb. Try adding a reasonable size jpeg (500k) to a file via itunes and then add a very high resolution jpeg (3-4 mb)and see if the resulting file sizes of the mp4 correspond to the difference in file sizes of the jpegs you added.

Macsterling

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
Dallas
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

ravenvii said:
[EDIT] ugh nevermind

ughhh.... God. Search these forms a little better and u will find what u r looking for. Try the search field. Im a member of www.getvideoartwork.com. And there r more like it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.