Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikiforidis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2017
On MacBook Pro 2015 here. Noticed that High Sierra takes about 1 min to boot. Sierra used to boot in like seconds.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
On MacBook Pro 2015 here. Noticed that High Sierra takes about 1 min to boot. Sierra used to boot in like seconds.

I am running my Mac with a PC graphic card now. So, display only available after GPU driver loaded.

What I realise is the time from pressing the power button until driver loaded (including the time for POST, locate OS, etc) increased quite a lot. But once I can see the loading bar, the loading is clearly faster (including the desktop icon, menu bar items, etc).

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York

I am on the same or similar MacBook Pro (Early 2015) you are and my boot times are fine, actually faster than Sierra. I will have to time it to see how long it takes but it is no where close to a minute.

:apple:

dcmaccam

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2017
West Coast of Scotland
I have the same on my 2011 iMac. I have noticed that although it takes longer to boot up, the menu bar at the top and the Dock are there when the screen appears. On EL Capitan the screen would usually come up and then the Menu bar and Dock would come up slightly later.

Reactions: h9826790
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.