Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

driveparty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Russia / USA
I'm running 10.13 beta for about a month so far, updated to GM after Sept 12 event.

Today I've seen updates for Pages / Numbers / Keynote and was asked for my Apple ID password, but it didn't work. Despite I was totally sure the password was ok, I followed App store's suggestion to change my ("forgotten") password and went thru just fine. Obviously, I was made to re-login on Iphone & iPad – ok with new password, as well as icloud.com login.

However, I still can't to login to iCloud or App store or iMessage or whasever Apple ID related on my mac (High sierra GM).

Am I alone? Does the 10.13 use any different servers for iCloud or something?

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 17.25.37.png Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 17.24.56.png
Sure, I've tried everything
moved ~/Library/Keychains, cleared caches including kextcache update from recovery, changed network location, created /Users/Shared with permissions, reset NVRAM/SMC and etc.
but no luck.
I've alsor false password, but that leads to "wrong password" message, so it's not the case.

Reactions: ececlv

thebitguru

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
No, you are not alone. I recently upgraded from Sierra to the High Sierra GM. Unfortunately, I am learning that the upgrade process didn't properly complete (never got the Welcome screens). The machine still booted and everything seemed to work, but the Console showed plenty of error messages, many of which pointed to my iCloud account not being logged in.

I looked at the iCloud system preferences panel and when clicked on the Account Details it prompted me to accept an updated agreement. Once I accepted the new agreement I was able to successfully log in, though.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Following installation, did it give you a message that your Apple ID password can no longer be used as your unlock password? If so, did you change it? And, if so, did you try the old password for the App Store etc.? This has been a bug for a while...that is telling you that you can't, when you can and then having both the old and new password work for different things.

driveparty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Russia / USA
Following installation, did it give you a message that your Apple ID password can no longer be used as your unlock password? If so, did you change it? And, if so, did you try the old password for the App Store etc.?
That was the first I thought of, that my password has expired. So that's why I've changed it thru "forgot password" process. The new password works everywhere (iphone, ipad, web-login), but the macos HS.
I also tried the old password, of course. Nothing works. It seems like they've shot down the servers for HS icloud (actually, haven't synced my new password with those or something).

thebitguru

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
@driveparty I wasn't having any trouble signing in iCloud on my upgraded instance. I was having other issues so I reinstalled High Sierra and iCloud is working on this instance too. So, I don't think the problem is with the iCloud servers and likely some local issue.

driveparty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Russia / USA
@driveparty I wasn't having any trouble signing in iCloud on my upgraded instance.
So wasn't I for the first few weeks. Then updated to GM and the first software update attempt discovered there appered issues.

However, I've managed to reinstall it fresh (created boot USB drive, cleared the SSD to HFS+ and installed new copy) & migrate from [updated just before reinstall] from TB backup. Now it seems to work fine, no issues so far.

ps
I've been trying everything like signing out / deleted caches / NVRAM-PRAM & etc. even tried to clear all apple-related records from login keychain – nothing helped, but fresh reinstall + TM migration

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
I'm running high sierra 10.13.3 public beta (17D25b) and suddenly I wasn't able to login to my icloud services (system preferences --> icloud) despite, that I was able to login using my apple id to AppStore, iTunes, iMessages...
I've followed the steps described https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/5406151 but it didn't work.

In the console app I got errors saying:

[AOSAccounts] : [iCloudIDNotificationPlugin] -[iCloudIDNotificationPlugin canSaveAccount:inStore:] : Returning false. Same username found. Found duplicate for account ***********@gmail.com (13183A43-4B15-4E50-815D-C3E2897BBF77) which is ***********@gmail.com (59EF3D37-01CF-4BC0-A803-1313449595DC)

[AOSAccounts] : [ACAccount+iCloudAccount] : -[ACAccount(iCloudAccount) icaCloudKitToken] - icaCloudKitToken cannot be returned as account is still not vetted!

[AOSAccounts] : [iCloudConfigurationDelegate] : -[iCloudConfigurationDelegate completeSetupWithResponse:account:handler:]_block_invoke - Account save failed: Error Domain=com.apple.accounts Code=5 "A iCloud account already exists. Only a single iCloud account is allowed to be saved." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=A iCloud account already exists. Only a single iCloud account is allowed to be saved.}

I am trying to avoid creating another account, or worse, reinstalling whole system, as it is only a workaround and not a permanent solution.
Can anybody help?

Thx

JohnnyGTO

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
I know this is a bit of an old thread but this has happened to me twice now using High Sierra Beta and both times I was able to log into my iCloud account after doing a PRAM / SMC reset. I don't understand why but it worked.

-John

I'm running high sierra 10.13.3 public beta (17D25b) and suddenly I wasn't able to login to my icloud services (system preferences --> icloud) despite, that I was able to login using my apple id to AppStore, iTunes, iMessages...
I've followed the steps described https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/5406151 but it didn't work.

In the console app I got errors saying:

[AOSAccounts] : [iCloudIDNotificationPlugin] -[iCloudIDNotificationPlugin canSaveAccount:inStore:] : Returning false. Same username found. Found duplicate for account ***********@gmail.com (13183A43-4B15-4E50-815D-C3E2897BBF77) which is ***********@gmail.com (59EF3D37-01CF-4BC0-A803-1313449595DC)

[AOSAccounts] : [ACAccount+iCloudAccount] : -[ACAccount(iCloudAccount) icaCloudKitToken] - icaCloudKitToken cannot be returned as account is still not vetted!

[AOSAccounts] : [iCloudConfigurationDelegate] : -[iCloudConfigurationDelegate completeSetupWithResponse:account:handler:]_block_invoke - Account save failed: Error Domain=com.apple.accounts Code=5 "A iCloud account already exists. Only a single iCloud account is allowed to be saved." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=A iCloud account already exists. Only a single iCloud account is allowed to be saved.}

I am trying to avoid creating another account, or worse, reinstalling whole system, as it is only a workaround and not a permanent solution.
Can anybody help?

Thx

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
I know this is a bit of an old thread but this has happened to me twice now using High Sierra Beta and both times I was able to log into my iCloud account after doing a PRAM / SMC reset. I don't understand why but it worked.

-John

Hi John,

I did that too, but it didn't worked out for me. I've created new account, move all my stuff there and start using it. After 2-3 days, I've decided to delete my old account, so I logged in and guess what. Logging in the iCloud suddenly worked. High Sierra is really magical...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.